About Bruce Power
Bruce Power joined COG as a member in 2001, the same year it was formed. An electric utility partnership based in Tiverton, Ontario, 250 km northwest of Toronto, Bruce Power is Canada’s first private nuclear generator. It provides 30 per cent of Ontario’s power from the shores of Lake Huron.
The eight-unit plant has more than 4,000 employees, over 90 per cent of whom own a part of the company. Bruce Power is a partnership among TransCanada Corp., Borealis Infrastructure, the Power Workers’ Union and The Society of Energy Professionals.
For more than 30 years, the four reactors at Bruce Power’s Bruce B Generating Station have produced a steady supply of the world’s Cobalt-60 medical isotopes. These are used to sterilize single-use medical devices and for radiation-based treatments of cancer and other diseases.
In 2016, Bruce Power began its Life Extension Program, enabling its units to operate safely to 2064.
Bruce Power is a voting member on COG’s Board of Directors, represented by Gary Newman, Senior Vice President, Engineering & Chief Engineer.
OPERATING CANDU UNITS
TOTAL INSTALLED CAPACITY
PO Box 1540
177 Tie Rd.,
R.R. 2, Tiverton,
3394 Bruce County Rd. 20
Concession 4, Municipality of Kincardine
West of Hwy. 21
North of Tiverton, Ontario, Canada