About COG's SMR Vendor Participant Program
COG's Small Modular Reactor Vendor Participant Program (SMR VPP) addresses common challenges of SMR deployment and assists vendors to understand operator challenges in Canada and internationally.
It also ensures a strong network supporting future infrastructure needs for SMRs.
SMR VPPs use the COG collaboration model to strengthen quality and safety. The VPP helps to keep open lines of communication for information exchange across the SMR vendor community and looks at all aspects of SMR development relevant to vendors and operators including:
- Fuel Cycle and Supply
- Activities: Interface with Natural Resources Canada
- Waste Management
- Activities: Joint meetings with the Radioactive Waste Leadership Forum
- Supplier Qualification
- Activities: Introduction to COG's joint audit program, CANIAC (CANDU Industry Assessment Committee)
- Regulatory Issues and Standards
- Activities: Ongoing coordination with CSA Group as well as reviews of position papers and security principles