LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
A collaborative learning environment
COG’s Learning & Development is part of COG’s Information Exchange program. It provides members and supplier participants opportunities to further their leadership and professional development within a nuclear environment. It also offers leaders programs to grow their expertise in managing specific function areas.
Program offerings include:
NPDS is a three-week leadership program that takes place in the classroom and at a nuclear facility, where attendees examine leadership, management practices and performance at the plant. NPDS is not technology-specific and has been delivered in Canada with a mix of participants from Canadian and international COG membership. There have also been classes made up of participants from China and Korea. Additionally, classes have included participants from COG supplier participants and most recently participation from the UAE.
Other courses offered include:
- Instructional techniques
- Leadership training (customized programs)
- Nuclear safety culture (customized programs)
- Personality profiles (using Myers-Briggs concepts)
- Regulatory affairs training
- Specialized technical programs
- Strategic Thinking for Maintenance Managers
- Supplier Participant First-Line Supervisor Program
- Team leader, chair and facilitator workshops
For more information on Learning and Development programs contact: